2 POOL ROUND ROBIN FORMAT for 8 TEAMS LAST APPROVED for Provincial Tournaments in 2006
ROUND ROBIN: Teams are divided into two pools by draw position Pool 1: A, B, C, D and Pool 2: E, F, G, H. Order of games each day is decided by host.
Day 1: A-B C-D E-F G-H
Day 2: A-C D-B E-G H-F
Day 3: C-B D-A G-F H-E
Day 4: Tie Breaker/Rain
Day 5: Semi Finals
Day 6: Championship
TIEBREAKERS and PLAYOFF ROUND:
1. 1st and 2nd place within each pool goes into the playoff round.
2. If two teams are tied with 2-1 record, the winner of the game between them gets 1st place and the other team is 2nd.
3. If three teams are tied for first place, then the Run Differential statistic in the Canadian Tournament Guidelines will be used to determine which team gets first place, and the other two teams play a tiebreaker game with the winner getting 2nd place.
4. If three teams are tied for second place, the Run Differential statistic in the Canadian Tournament Guidelines will be used to determine which team gets the bye and the other two teams play a tiebreaker game. The winner plays the team which received the bye and the winner of that game gets second place.
5. Game 1: 1st in pool 1 plays 2nd in Pool 2
Game 2: 1st in pool 2 plays 2nd in Pool 1
Final: winner game 1 plays winner game 2